Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:44:25 -1000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bob Schacht <schacht@hawaii.edu>
Subject:      3-D column chart

I tried posting this question on Feb. 22, but have not seen it posted or answered, so I'm trying again.

Microsoft Excel has a chart type called 3-D Column. I have an unusual joint distribution of two likert scale variables that is tri-modal: biggest values are on 3 of the corners (i.e., most extreme values), and everything between those 3 modes is small potatoes. The Excel 3-D column chart shows this better than any of the other chart types, but control over the marking of values on the scale is poor.

I'm using SPSS ver. 12. Can it show 3-D column charts like this? So far, I have not been able to find anything that looks like it.

Thanks, Bob

Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D. <schacht@hawaii.edu> Pacific Basin Rehabilitation Research & Training Center 1268 Young Street, Suite #204 Research Center, University of Hawaii Honolulu, HI 96814