Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:09:53 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)" <NordlDJ@DSHS.WA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Issue with SAS macro

> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nuno > Soares > Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 11:07 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Issue with SAS macro > > Hello everyone, > > I'm having a problem with a macro that I've written. The macro goes > something like this: > > %macro reinvestment(infile,outfile,benchfile,benchret,benchdec); > > (...) > > %mend reinvestment; > > %reinvestment(infile=js.C_bmassigneddec,outfile=js.c_bmwithreinv,benchfile > =j > s.c_bm_vw,benchret=vwret,benchdec=bm_dec); > > The problem is the following: > - When I run the macro the first time, the log window only displays black > text (as if it was just text); > - If I then run the macro a second time the macro seems to be running ok, > but it keeps runing in a loop (I don't have any loop expression in the > code... This is strange). > > I don't show the code in between %macro and %mend because I've changed the > code inside not to include the commands passed by the macro (ie, not > dependent of the infile, outfile, benchfile, etc inputs), and the > behaviour > is still the same. When I run the code inside the macro without the %macro > %mend commands it runs without a problem. > > Any idea about what's going on?

No.

> > Kind regards, > > Nuno

Nuno,

There may be those on SAS-L whose wizard's licenses are current, but I suspect you will need to more information before you will receive any useful help. Whether or not your code (supposedly) runs correctly outside the macro definition, it is clearly part of the problem. You really do need to provide it.

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund Research and Data Analysis Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Olympia, WA 98504-5204