Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:27:02 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Wensui Liu <liuwensui@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Date Types MMYYN4
Comments: To: Dianne Rhodes <diannerhodes@comcast.net>

it is a format instead of informat

On 2/15/07, Dianne Rhodes <diannerhodes@comcast.net> wrote: > We have odd dates with 2 digit years. Sometimes they are in the form > of '0702' which I use YYMMn4. to convert to 200702 using YYMMn6. > sometimes they are '0376' which should convert to 197603 using MMYYn4. > But SAS complains that there is no such informat. It's documented in the > SAS on-line doc, in Rick Aster's book, and in Derek Morgan's book. What > gives? SAS 9.1.3 Service pack 4 on windows. > > MMYY4 = put(input(Index_base_date,MMYYN4.),MMYYN4.); > ------- > 48 > ERROR 48-59: The informat MMYYN was not found or could not be loaded. > > Thanks > Dianne @ bls >

-- WenSui Liu A lousy statistician who happens to know a little programming (http://spaces.msn.com/statcompute/blog)