Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:53:23 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jim Ozier <Jim_Ozier@DNR.STATE.GA.US>
Subject:   Re: Sandhill Crane Sighting

I heard some cranes flying over late yesterday afternoon in Lamar Co. They sounded like the last ones.

Jim Ozier Redbone, Lamar Co

>>> "Boyd, William A. (CDC/CCHP/NCCDPHP)" <wab2@CDC.GOV> 03/20/07 10:33 AM >>> Fellow Birders,

I missed all the Sandhill Crane action earlier in March. But, when stepping outside yesterday about 5:30 pm, a small flock of what <i>appeared</i> to be Sandhill cranes flew by, heading in a northwesterly direction; the wingbeat looked as described in Sibley's along with loud chatter.

Since I've seen Sandhill only at eye-level in Aransas and Bosque del Apache, I'm not 100% sure about this possible sighting.

Is this too late for these birds to still be migrating through north GA?

Thanks.

Bill Boyd Lilburn, GA (~3/4 mile sw of Mountain Park)