Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2007 22:00:33 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ajsophie <ajsophie@NETZERO.NET>
Subject:      Wood Ducks/Scoter
Comments: To: Stephen Stewart <sstewart@floydboe.net>

I had 3 pair of Wood Ducks on the pond this morning.

Checked all four boxes this afternoon.

Box #2 (on the dock and most popular) now has a total of 17 eggs. Apparently she has started "sitting" because the eggs and all the "down" were warm. Females always leave the nest in afternoon for a "break" and I just happened by at the right time. (She had left and covered her eggs very neatly like a good little mother).

Box #1 (shallow end of pond) Now has 5 eggs. So I now have a second pair nesting. Since there were 3 pair on the pond this morning - somebody is getting left out or either we are "nest dumping" again.

Will keep y'll posted.

I also saw the Scoter at Garden Lakes today shortly after noon. It was on the side of the lake where the walkers park their cars and was in front of the apartments. It was all alone - in full view.

Ann Stewart Rome, Georgia Floyd County