Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:40:06 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Carol Lambert & Jeff Sewell <lambertsewell@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      White-winged Scoter still at Garden Lakes, Rome today,3/4/07

The imm. male WWSC was seen today in the afternoon. We were there for 15 minutes scanning the lake with no luck. I had concluded that it was not there and had walked away from the scope and down the lakeshore. Walking back toward Carol I saw it just offshore. It just appeared out of nowhere. It can stay down for 30-35 seconds so I think that we checked in close and not seeing it we starting checking the far-off coot flocks and just looked over it, literally. Jeff and Carol

Jeff Sewell Georgia Rare Bird Alert Georgia Ornithological Society 770-493-8862 lambertsewell@mindspring.com