Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:09:49 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)" <NordlDJ@DSHS.WA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Off topic:  NDC drug therapeutic classifications
Comments: To: "Presley, Rodney (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD)" <rpa9@CDC.GOV>

> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Presley, Rodney (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) > Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:01 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Off topic: NDC drug therapeutic classifications > > Pardon the off topic question but I know there are SAS > experts who work > in all areas and one, or more, of you have probably dealt with this > before. > > After searching the NDC site and numerous Google references I have > learned that NDC no longer supports the classification of NDC drugs > into therapeutic classes. They have their reasons. But I still need > this information. Does anyone know where I can locate a file > that will > cross reference NDC drug codes to drug therapeutic classes? > > Your help will be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Rodney > > P.s. I want to query claims data in order to get a rough idea of how > often a rare disorder is treated. The disorder is plasminogen > deficiency. This does not correspond to an ICD9 code. This disorder > does cause ligneous conjunctivitis but I do not know what > else may cause > this condition. Also, literature review indicates that > persons can have > plasminogen deficiency without developing conjunctivitis. If I can > locate claims that involve drugs appropriate for the treatment of > plasminogen deficiency I may be able to develop a set of criteria to > narrow down these claims to persons most likely to have plasminogen > deficiency. Then targeted inquiries can be made to rule in or out the > disorder. > > Thanks, > > Rodney > > Rodney J. Presley, PhD > Division of Hereditary Blood Disorders > National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities > Centers for Disease Control and Prevention > 1600 Clifton Road, MS E 64 > Atlanta, GA 30333 > Work Phone: 404-718-8630 > Main Number: 404-718-8600 > Fax: 404-718-8650 > Email: RPresley@cdc.gov >

Rodney,

I posted a similar request some time back and did not find any public domain / free sources. There are commercial products which may meet your needs (search for First Data Bank, or Multum, and there are probably others). I don't have any idea as to price.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund Research and Data Analysis Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Olympia, WA 98504-5204