Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:45:00 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: UPCASE in Keep statement

> From: Ran S

> Can I use UPCASE in the Keep statement? > I would like to keep variables with capital letters.

what you asked and what you want are different

examine the option validvarname:

proc options; define value option = validvarname;run;

you'll have to RTFM to find the values to supply to this option

options validvarname=v6;

is what I remember from the previous century

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov