Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:05:44 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Beadle, ViAnn" <viann@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: Trying to lock one column so only I can change it
Comments: To: Jennifer Jones <jjones@PUCKETT.ORG>

How are people editing this data--using SPSS? If so, there's no way to do this in SPSS.

You can lock variables in SPSS Data Entry which is a separate product.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jennifer Jones Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:46 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Trying to lock one column so only I can change it

I have a data set that that multiple people will be making entries on. While I do want others to make their entries there are certain columns that I will be setting up in advance that I do not want them to accidently make any changes to.

How can I permanently lock individual columns so that only I am able to make changes to them. I am working with a very large data set and minor mistakes could result in major headaches down the road.