Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:51:04 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:   FW: IT software dev references needed

An Enquiring Reading asks:

> For the IT (software development) bubble > in my Venn diagram for evaluation methods:

> What are "the classics" (books or journal articles) for:

> * Verification and validation, > * software test plan development and testing, > * requirements analysis, > * design and project management methods, etc.

> I want GENERAL audience info > - not details for particular types of software.

> What has been shown to ensure good outcomes? > (both during development (process evaluation) > and after development (good evaluation methods))

Here's my shoot-from-the-lip list:

Agile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development

Software Development Process

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_development_process

System Development Methodology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Development_Methodology

Waterfall Method

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfall_model

Which method are you using?

Ronald J. Fehd, IT Spec team lead: Office of Statistical Software and Knowledge Worker Support

note2self: wikipedia is definitly coming up to speed! just like the book said: http://www.wikinomics.com/