Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:21:12 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Wainwright, Andrea" <andrea.wainwright@CAPITALONE.COM>
Subject:   Re: difference between RUN and QUIT

And you'll notice that if you don't give the needed quit statement that the header bar of the editor will say something like "Datasets still running"

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:17 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: difference between RUN and QUIT

> From: madhu g > what is the difference between run statement and quit statement? > > can any one help me for finding the difference for those.

there are a limited number of procs: -- datasets and sql are the first two I know of -- where quit is the step boundary -- i.e.: you get the log note saying how much time was used -- and therefore run is the execute statement(s) boundary

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary

to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith

is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is

addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,

you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,

distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance

upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this

communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material

from your computer.