Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:41:02 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Anne-Elie carsin <aneliecarsin@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Proc Glimmix without Random _residual_ VS Glimmix Macro

Dear SAS-lister,

I would like to run a multi-level analysis on some data structured as follow: level 1=Patient, level 2=surgeon nested in hospital (level 3). The outcome is potsop=0/1. I used the Macro %Glimmix before, and it works fine. Now, I wanted to use proc Glimmix (seems easier and give the Odds Ratio which save me time). Anyway, I translated the macro code to the procedure code as follow:

%glimmix( DATA = may06, procopt = method=reml covtest , stmts=%str( class surgeon hospital hosp_ter; id surgeon hospital ; model postop=hosp_ter / ddfm=kr ; random int / subject=hospital ; random int / subject=surgeon(hospital) ; ), error = binomial, link = logit ); run;

proc glimmix DATA = may06; class surgeon hospital hosp_ter; id surgeon hospital ; model postop=hosp_ter / ddfm=kr oddsratio link=logit dist=binomial ; random int / subject=hospital; random int / subject=surgeon(hospital) ; nloptions tech=nrridg; random _residual_; run;

I just don't get why the RANDOM _residual_; is needed in the Proc Glimmix? Results are slighlty different when omitted and I wonder what results would be the correct ones? Any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Anne-Elie

_________________________________________________________________ Avec Windows Live OneCare Úliminez tous les virus de votre PC ! http://www.windowslive.fr/liveonecare/default.asp