Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:58:56 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Kevin Roland Viel <kviel@EMORY.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Residuals and predicted values

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 mcolowasth@YAHOO.CO.UK wrote:

> proc sort data=CALENDAR.c2003fnm2f; > by cyear; > run; > > *EXCLUDE EMPPROP; > ods exclude testanova acovtestanova; > Hi > > I use the following code to estimate Fama MacBeth regressions and would > also like to get the residuals and predicted values in the output. When I > specify r p after the model statement it doesn't work. Do you have any > suggestions that would enable me to get the same output as specified in the > code plus the residuals and predicted values? > proc sort data=data; > by cyear;run; > proc reg data = data outest=coef1 adjrsq tableout; > model y= i o/acov r p; > i: test i; > o: test o; > BY cyear; > ods output acovtestanova=actest; > run; > quit;

This may be an irritation, as it is not a complete solution, nor following the course (OUTPUT statement) you started.

I suggest you wrap the code with the following and view the log:

ods trace on ; <code> ods trace off ;

Then use:

ods output ___ = resid ; <code> ods output close ;

Note, if this is a time consuming analysis you will want to limit the number of observation:

> proc reg data = data ( obs = 100 ) outest=coef1 adjrsq tableout; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HTH,

Kevin

Kevin Viel PhD Candidate Department of Epidemiology Rollins School of Public Health Emory University Atlanta, GA 30322