Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 May 2007 20:21:03 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "James F. Flynn Jr." <jim.flynn@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Anhinga, Dawson Forest, 5/2/2007

Hi, folks, I took a walk along Reservoir Rd. at Dawson Forest WMA [DeLorme: p. 20, grid B-5; Birding Georgia: p. 93] this evening after work. Best bird was a female Anhinga soaring high over the old reservoir. Other species worth a special mention include:

Common Nighthawk Barred Owl American Kestrel (pair)

Warblers: Northern Waterthrush, Blue-winged Warbler, Yellow-throated Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat, Magnolia Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Pine Warbler, Hooded Warbler, Ovenbird, Kentucky Warbler, Black-and-white Warbler, Northern Parula

Also, there are about 10 or so active Great Blue Heron nests that I could see at the back of the reservoir.

Take care,

Jim Flynn Forsyth Co., GA http://www.gos.org http://www.atlantaaudubon.org/ ******************************