Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 May 2007 04:57:23 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Kreissig <michael.kreissig@MED.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE>
Subject:      SPSS 15.0 Close File

Hi Forum,

we've been forced to use SPSS 15.0 by our clinical computer department. Some features are quite fine, but there's one which is very annoying when working with syntax. Example: I have a file, let's say FILE.SAV. This file is aggregated into FILEAGGR.SAV. I open it with GET and want to save it under the name of the original file FILE.SAV. With the new version, I have to close the original file manually, because it remains open. Even if I use another name, I have two tables open which "irritates" the syntax from time to time.

Is there a way to close a file by syntax, which I have not detected so far or can this problem be solved in another way.

An answer would be greatly appreciated.

Michael