Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:12:04 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jennifer Griffith <jbgrif@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday Skua sightings?
Comments: To: Al Mercer <al.mercer@EARTHLINK.NET>

Regarding the goldfinches, we get them in our Stone Mtn. yard year 'round, apparently because they can't resist the nyjer/thistle socks I keep out there.

Jennifer Griffith Stone Mtn. (DeKalb)

-----Original Message----- >From: Al Mercer <al.mercer@EARTHLINK.NET> >Sent: Jun 15, 2007 10:06 PM >To: GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: [GABO-L] Friday Skua sightings? > >Brandon Best wrote: >> Greetings all, >> >> Did anyone see the Skua at Carter's Reregulation Lake on Friday, >> particularly in the afternoon? I'll have my first chance to chase it >> Saturday morning, so any updates would be most appreciated. A reply >> to the >> whole list might be appreciated by others who had to work all week >> like me >> and have to be weekend birders. >> >> On a totally different note, I'm not sure if this is unusual or not, >> but on >> Wednesday, June 13, where I work near Duluth, I had several American >> Goldfinches pass through, I heard them through most of the day. They >> were >> not detected before that day or after, and I'm out in the yard at work >> several hours a day. >> >> Brandon Best >> Suwanee, GA >> >> ********** >> To search GABO-L archives or manage your subscription, go to >> http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/gabo-l.html >> >> To contact a listowner, send message to >> GABO-L-request@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> >> To view GABO-L information/guidelines, go to >> http://www.gos.org/gabo.html >> >> >Brandon and all, >The Skua was there late this afternoon. Also of interest was a Laughing >Gull. Stan Chapman and I , along with several Chattanooga area birders, >saw them from the point near the picnic area previously described. >South Polar has my vote for this skua. >Good Birding, >Al Mercer >Marietta, GA >Cobb County > > ********** >To search GABO-L archives or manage your subscription, go to >http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/gabo-l.html > >To contact a listowner, send message to >GABO-L-request@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >To view GABO-L information/guidelines, go to >http://www.gos.org/gabo.html >