Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:27:57 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         William Griffin <wilgriffin@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      swallow tail kites

Two sightings, one last week and the other was today.

Last sunday, 24JUN07 at 10:30. There was one cruising over Interstate 95, on mile north of exit 90. LAT 31 deg, 58 min North x 081 deg 19 min West

The other was today, 30JUN07 at 13:30 and again at 15:00. This was a pair, flapping, soaring low and calling, at Tommy Long Landing on Ebenezer Creek. LAT 32 deg 22 min North x 81 deg 12 min West. And yes, Ramona, I think you are definitely right, there is some nesting in the area. I just don't know where, yet. There is a lot of undeveloped land that is good habitat for such in Effingham County still. The future may look bleak, however.

Wil Griffin, Effingham Co