Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:05:25 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nyougo Omae." <nyougo@comcast.net>
Subject:      Creating New Variables/Sorting Data

Hello,

I am analysing some data and run into some problems. I have student data that has an ID that combines a school identifier and a classroom identifier. For instance A3001 would be student 1 in class 3 and in school A; and B2003 would be student 3 in class 2 and school B. Is there a way in SPSS that I could sort these data according to each category or even create new variables?

Thank you.

Hilda.