Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:56:33 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "data _null_;" <datanull@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: parameter truncated in ODS parameterestimates output (proc
              genmod)
Comments: To: Crescent Martin <crescent_b_martin@fanniemae.com>

Have you tried GENMOD procedure option.

NAMELEN=n specifies the length of effect names in tables and output data sets to be n characters long, where n is a value between 20 and 200 characters. The default length is 20 characters.

On 6/26/07, Crescent Martin <crescent_b_martin@fanniemae.com> wrote: > I'm running a Proc Genmod and writing the parameter estimates to a dataset > using ODS. In this output dataset, the variable Parameter appears to have > maximum length of 20, so it cuts off the variables that I put into my model > statement. > > My model statement contains 3 crossed variables: > statusLB*randomlag*season > (statusLB and randomlag and class variables and are listed in the class > statement; season is continuous) > > But in the parameter file, it's shown as: > season*status*random > > Is there any way to keep Proc Genmod from truncating my variable names? I'd > like to tie the parameter estimates back to the original dataset and so > would like the variable names to be unchanged. I tried using Proc Template > to format it, (based on this post: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa? > A2=ind0303A&L=sas-l&P=R4638) but it only added extra spaces to the end. > > ods path(prepend) > WORK.TEMPLATE(UPDATE) ; > run; > > proc template; > edit Stat.Genmod.ParameterEstimates; > define Parameter; > format $50.; > end; > end; > run; > > And of course, the easy answer is to use shorter variable names, but now > I'm curious if there's a way to fix it, not just work around it. >