Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:28:54 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <gerhard.hellriegel@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: HTML execution of a SAS program for real-time data summaries?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:10:37 -0400, Michelle Secic <consult@SECICSTATS.COM> wrote:

>I'm trying to satisfy a client who would like to see descriptive >statistics on the patients in his clinical study at any point in time >during the data collection period. I have a program I can execute any >time for him, but he would like to have it available at his whim. I >thought there might be a way to have him go to my website and somehow link >the program and database to a button that he can click on his end that >will produce the results of the program. Is this possible? If not, do >you have other suggestions on how to please my client?

Yes, that's possible. I saw that at a site. It was programmed in PERL, but I think, JAVA is also ok. You must have a possibility to get the Information from the customer, he has to pass parameters and you must get them, route them into your program and produce the lists or whatever for your customer. In the solution I saw, that was complicated because the customers were not only passing parameters, they passed whole SAS programs. If in your case it is enough to pass some parameters for a macro, that should be no problem. Gerhard