Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:00:55 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         roch77@GMAIL.COM
Subject:      Re: quote problem
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Thanks a lot for clarifying that Toby..

Am I correct in saying that :

a quote function inside a select statement in proc sql like

"select Quote( code_pstl ) , Quote( nmbr_prvnc ) ,Quote( id_adrs ) ..... "

is different from %let aa = %quote(&aa); in a macro.

The one inside the select does double quotes, but the %quote is as you explained.

I still have a problem...

In my select statement which is below, if I don't put quote(trim()) around code_pstl, it works fine.. If not EG hangs and I have to basically cntrl-alt-del and end task. Log file doesn't contain anything.

select quote(trim(a.code_pstl)), a.nmbr_prvnc into :first_code_pstl, :first_nmbr_prvnc from ccis_cda.addresses a, ccis_cda.client_addresses ca, ccis_cda.individuals i where i.nmbr_bin = &bin and i.id_indvdl = ca.id_indvdl and ca.id_adrs = a.id_adrs and a.date_crtn >= &sdt order by a.date_crtn asc;

The code_pstl field is a varchar2(10) not null field and is in oracle.

thanks,