Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:51:04 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gene Maguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu>
Subject:      Re: Adding Cases

Michael,

I'm confused by this part of your posting.

>>The problem is the client hasn't been to clever and has used a different order in this years, however the var labels are still the same, does anyone have any good potential solutions? To match up the correct n_ from 2006 with the correct one for 2007?

I think you are saying that, for example, the variable order in 2006 was n_1, n_2, n_3 while the order in 2007 is n_3, n_1, n_2. And, it is true that N_1 in the 2006 dataset is the same data element as n_1 in 2007 and both has the variable label.

If all this so, I don't think there is problem. The add files command should sort things out correctly.

Gene Maguin