Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:12:36 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dianne Rhodes <diannerhodes@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: SAS to SQL Server - Error with Bulkload parameter
Comments: To: Jack Clark <JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU>

I thought I gave you a cogent response last week. Here it is reproduced below:

I don't know for SQL server, but for Oracle, the Oracle libname does not support write. I suspect that is what is happening when you try to use the libname to write from a datastep, as here:

> >30 data mcapdb.mcos (dbtype=(label='char(30)')); > >31 set work.mcos; > >32 run;

What works for us is to use PROC APPEND with the BLKLOAD=YES option. Also make sure that the SQL driver that bulkload uses is in the correct path.

You can also probably do this with PROC SQL.

Dianne @ BLS

I have a paper from SGF 2007 Access to RDBMS. You can find it here. http://lexjansen.com/sugi/

Also see Lois Levin's paper.