Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:51:01 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Xin Wei <xinwei@STAT.PSU.EDU>
Subject:   how to do discriminant analysis using lots of binary variables

I am trying to perform discriminant analysis to predict which of two groups a individual belong to. However, my understanding is that proc discrim only use continuous varialbe to construct discriminant function. But my separation variables are all binary. What procedure I ought to use to do the discriminant analysis with all binary variables?

thanks