Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:51:50 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What happened to the remove() function?
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On 23 Jul, 06:03, datan...@GMAIL.COM ("data _null_;") wrote: > On 7/22/07, RolandRB <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > "remove()" doesn't work for me. Did they take that function away? > > I don't recall a remove function what did it remove.

It removes the second string you specified from the first and returned the results.

str="aaratbbratcc"; str2=remove(str,"rat");

would give str2="aabbcc";