Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:50:16 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: SASCommunity (was Re: tip: Writing Testing-aware Programs)
Comments: To: Don Henderson <donaldjhenderson@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hi Don

I've already put a couple things on sascommunity; there's one on how to ask a statistics question, and I put up one of my presentations. You could use those as examples.

For me, it's more a question of how I can either find things people want to know that I might be willing to help with, or, find things I want to know, that are already posted, or find pages I might want to edit.

One thing that's key, I think (and that I don't know how to do) is to add links to other sascommunity pages, or to other sources. I'm sure that this information exists somewhere on sascommunity.....

Peter

-----Original Message----- >From: Don Henderson <donaldjhenderson@HOTMAIL.COM> >Sent: Aug 10, 2007 12:59 PM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: SASCommunity (was Re: tip: Writing Testing-aware Programs) > >I will write this up and put it on sasCommunity.org. > >Pages do exist that describe this, but they are written in the abstract. > >Perhaps if Jack and/or Peter could give me a topic that they would be >willing to write, I can use that as the foundation of this how-to article. > >Then Peter/Jack can try to follow those instructions to see if they help. > >In the meantime, I just did such an article on the EG file path and posted a >list to SAS-L. > >The steps were: > >- Clicked on the "Create a New Article" link in the left hand menu >- Entered an article name and clicked the "Create Article" button >- Edited the article, using preview to preview it until it was ready IMO. >Then saved it. >- While editing adding categories to it. I identified the desired category >by looking at the Sasopedia pages. > >Again, I will gladly write a more detailed example. But it would be more >useful if someone could give me an example page that they want to create. >That way, for example, I can provide specific instructions for identifying >categories and how to use them. > >Regards, >-donh > >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Peter >Flom >Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 12:16 PM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: SASCommunity (was Re: tip: Writing Testing-aware Programs) > >I agree completely with Jack. > >After SGF, I looked around on SAScommunity a bunch of times. I no longer >do, because I don't seem to be able to find anything, even if I am pretty >sure it exists. > >I think it has the potential to be a great resource, I've even posted some >things there. > >Peter > >-----Original Message----- >>From: Jack Hamilton <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG> >>Sent: Aug 10, 2007 11:54 AM >>To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >>Subject: Re: tip: Writing Testing-aware Programs >> >>I don't find it easy to figure out how to create an article on >>SASCommunity.org in the right place with all the right links (and no >>unnecessary ones). >> >>I think we would benefit from a web page which walks us through the >>steps needed to create, for example, a FAQ entry with source code and a >>ZIP file. I would volunteer to do it, but I don't know how (to create >>the entry, that is - I know how to do the web page). I am not happy >>with my one attempt so far. >> >>It's very easy to create new categories - it's less easy to find the >>correct existing one, and not possible (as far as I can tell) to delete >>an erroneously created category. >> >> >> >>Don Henderson wrote: >>> Ron, >>> >>> Looks like an interesting article. Thanks for putting it on >>> sasCommunity.org. >>> >>> I did a little "gardening" on your page and added a link to the zip >>> file to make it easier to find: >>> >>> http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Writing_Testing_Aware_Programs >>> >>> I also am curious as to why you created both a Category and an >>> Article called "Writing Testing Aware Programs" since Categories >>> should not (IMO) be specific to articles. Seems to me that a more useful >category is "Testing" >>> as opposed to the one you created. >>> >>> Did you create the category to link the zip file with the article? If >>> so, then I think adding the direct link is a simpler way to do that. >>> >>> Regards, >>> -donh >>> >>> -----Original Message----- >>> From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of >>> Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) >>> Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 10:51 AM >>> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >>> Subject: Re: tip: Writing Testing-aware Programs >>> >>>> From: SAS_learner >>>> I could not find the actual paper on sascomunity , can you forward >>>> it to me this seems very intresting topic >>> >>> The paper is in the zip file: >>> >>> http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Image:Writing-Testing-Aware-Programs >>> .zi >>> p >>> >>> Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov