Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:31:29 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Reeza <fkhurshed@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Data step - skip shorter record ?
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Aug 16, 3:29 pm, newbie <itissand...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I have huge dataset in the form of a csv file. I read the files using > the > DATA step. But it seems like there are few records with much less > number of > fields than the usual. When the DATA step encounters this record it > bails > out. > So, my questions are: > Why does this happen ? > Is there a way to neglect this record (with very less number of > fields) > based on number of fields or length of the record ? using a trailing @ > or > something of that sort. > > Thanks in advance > Regards, > sandeep

Try the Missover option?

Reeza