Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:25:50 -0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Perry <jasper6294@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: little problem with row
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Check out the countc() function.

find = countc(tot, "|");

On Aug 21, 10:17 am, boulmo <pierre.co...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I have a little problem. > i have a data set with 3 rows. > Each row has a sentence ; > and i need to count the number of occurence of a sign "|" into the > sentence. > I'm using a variable called "find" which is used with an index > statement. > > i did something like that : > find= index(tot, "|"); > > Well, i need to get the number of occurence by row > the variable which contains the number of occurence is "inc" > > i did : > if find^=0 then inc+1; > but it's not by row. How can i do ? > > thanks