Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:51:30 -0000
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   sanrou <jindan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Newbie question on macro coding (DO LOOP)
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

I am very new to SAS macro language (and even SAS programming), I've spent the last couple of hours on the following problem:

I need to develop a simple macro to apply PHREG procedure on hundreds of simulated data. The dataset is manipulated by three parameters: U: Sample size, 60, 120, 180 P_c: Probability, 0.0, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 delta: 0.5, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.0

Each of the parameter combination are run on three seed numbers: 539, 259, 59.

I figured out the DO LOOP iteration for the variable Sample size as:

DO I = 60 to 180 by 60; ...my code for PHREG...; END;

But I simply couldn't figure out how to do the iteration for the rest of the variables, as they do not have a particular pattern. I spent some time on DO ... WHILE ...; ARRAY, etc., but still have no clue.

Can someone give me a quick hint on how to code iteration on variables such as P_c, delta, and seed numbers as above?

Thanks so much!

Jindan