Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:55:02 -0300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ricardo G Silva <ricardosilva@SERASA.COM.BR>
Subject:      Changing variables formats

Dear Users,

I have an unbalanced panel data set of firms. There is a date variable which is formated as ddmmyy10. It begins on 01/01/1999 and finishes at 01/02/2007, that is, from 1 to 98 values. I cannot just do something like dt=day(date)||month(date)||year(date); since I will tranpose this table in a next step and I will nedd to keep the temporal order. So, I would like to create a new date2 variable relating each date in the date variable to a number of the date2 variable.

Any idea about this issue?

Thanks Ricardo Gonçalves Silva, M. Sc. Tecnologia de Crédito SERASA S.A. É (11) - 6847-8889 ? ricardosilva@serasa.com.br