Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:47:50 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arild S <sko@KLP.NO>
Subject:      Re: multiple dlm

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 04:28:49 -0700, Captain <apsteinberg@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Hi I have a txt file which has a dlm of "," for most of the >variables. I then have 3 date variables on the same file that use >just a , as the dlm. After these 3 date variables I have 3 payment >variables that also use the , dlm and have a $ to begin the variable. >The file is reading in everything except the 3 date variables >(including the payment variables). > >I need to know a way to read in the file using multiple dlms, I can >not use line input since it is a dlm file. > >Thanks

Hi, "," as delimiter sounds strange. Are you sure it's not just that some variables are quoted, like : "ABC","DEF","blahblah",01AUG2007, ... , That's often found in files where the strings (may) contain commas, to tell them apart from those that are separators. There is an informat to handle dollar signs in amounts, look up "COMMAw.d". Anyway, post a sample from your file and somebody will surely help.