Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:52:20 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is there a 'starts with' modifier available in KEEP= ds
              option?
Comments: To: JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU

DX:

Toby Dunn

Two wrongs are only the beginning.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

From: Jack Clark <JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU> Reply-To: Jack Clark <JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Is there a 'starts with' modifier available in KEEP= ds option? Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:47:35 -0400

Hello,

I have multiple data sets of medical claims data from different years. I need to SET these data sets together and keep the diagnostic codes from each observation. Every file has a primary diagnostic code (PDX), but different files have different numbers of total diagnostic codes. Some have DX2-DX4, others DX2-DX8 and still others DX2-DX12.

I was wondering if there is a shorthand way in the KEEP= data set option to keep all variables that start with 'DX'?

Here is a simplified version of what I have in mind:

data need; set inpt02 (keep=pdx (starts with)dx) inpt03 (keep=pdx (starts with)dx) opt02 (keep=pdx (starts with)dx) opt03 (keep=pdx (starts with)dx) ; run;

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County

_________________________________________________________________ Booking a flight? Know when to buy with airfare predictions on MSN Travel. http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001