Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007)Back to main SHOREBIRDS pageJoin or leave SHOREBIRDS (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Sep 2007 13:54:27 -0400
Sender:       Shorebird Discussion Group <SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jay K <azure.jay@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Grasspipers and Plovers in northern Virginia, USA

Hello All,

I enjoy the posts on this listserve, and while my report is not of the spectacular lists often seen here from the various shorebird hotspots around the world, I thought some might be interested in some birds viewed in the piedmont region of Culpeper County, Virginia, USA. We get a few migrant species in our area for several weeks per year, usually in the fall, of the more special shorebirds. Many more species can be found in our nearby coastal plain areas, of course, quite regularly. Today I was able to find the following:

Killdeer 276 Buff-breasted Sandpiper 1 American Golden-Plover 3 Upland Sandpiper 1 (occ presumed breeder)

Take Care,

Jay Keller, Arlington, VA USA