Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Sep 2007 07:15:18 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Syb it <sas_datalover@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Quick help
Comments: To: Mary <mlhoward@avalon.net>

Dear All,

Please help me figure out what I am screwing up here.

I ran this code:

proc sql ; select distinct state into:statelst separated by ',' from states;

create table states_18 as select state_code from database where state_code in ("&statelst"); Quit;

And got this error message:

386 proc sql ; 387 select distinct state into:statelst separated by ',' from states; 388 389 create table states_18 as 390 select state_code from database 391 where state_code in ("&statelst"); NOTE: Compression was disabled for data set WORK.STATES_18 because compression overhead would increase the size of the data set. NOTE: Table WORK.STATES_18 created, with 0 rows and 1 columns.

392 Quit; NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time): real time 12.32 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds

--------------------------------- Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.