Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:05:00 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: RES: Finding actual age
Comments: To: tj_noreply@YAHOO.COM

I dont have time to go into very deep but you can study this problem when a leap year is involved:

data _null_;

IntAge = floor((intck('month',"03MAR2000"d,"03MAR2002"d) - (day("03MAR2002"d) < day("03MAR2000"d))) / 12);

YrdifAge = floor(yrdif("03MAR2000"d,"03MAR2002"d,"ACT/ACT"));

put IntAge = YrdifAge = ; run;

Toby Dunn

Compromise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard.

Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else.

From: T J <tj_noreply@YAHOO.COM> Reply-To: T J <tj_noreply@YAHOO.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: RES: Finding actual age Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:18:34 -0400

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:07:53 +0000, toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: ====IN PART ============

>T J , > >YrDif Function does have some pitfalls and it will only check the number of >years between the birth year and the ending year. In other words you could >be adding an extra year to someone because the ending year is before their >actialy birthdate. Under optimal conditions calculating age this was is a >rough approximation at best. > >

Can you show me an example for the situation you mentioned above?

I would be interested to know the other pitfalls of this function as well.

-TJ

_________________________________________________________________ Share your special parenting moments! http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us