Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:44:10 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         RAMS <ramsathish@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Proc sort
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Dear All,

I have a Lab data of 45 subjects, subjects sample were analysed two or more times but for analysis i have to take the maximum value of each subject. So i used PROC SORT technique to discard the duplicate values. I used this technique twice. Is there any optimum way to do this. I attached my sample data and the code.

data lab; input sno visit value; cards; 101 1 175 101 1 145 101 1 225 101 1 200 102 1 345 102 1 375 102 1 380 103 1 300 103 1 325 104 1 245 104 1 200 ;

proc sort data = lab nodupkey; by sno descending value; run;

proc sort data = lab nodupkey; by sno; run;