Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:10:49 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jules Bosch <jbosch1@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:   Re: dos command
Comments:   To: "Terjeson, Mark" <Mterjeson@russell.com>

Mark,

Thanks for the help.

1. SAS is not installed on my PC. 2. The only SAS data sets in which I am interested are already archived on two separate external drives.

So, your syntax has worked perfectly for which I thank you.

Jules

-----Original Message----- From: Terjeson, Mark [mailto:Mterjeson@russell.com] Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 1:59 PM To: Jules Bosch; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: RE: dos command

Hi Jules.

Before I mention what commands, CAUTION: if you have SAS installed on your PC, there are lots of files belonging to SAS that you may not wish to delete. If you were only refering to your own user datasets then globally deleting all the datasets off of your C: drive may prove unpleasant and a bit more than you intended.

You can find all the datasets on C: to look through first with: c: cd \ dir/s *.sas7bdat

Then if you must erase them all you can use the same /S option for the ERASE command.

BE CAREFUL, even if just doing selected subdirectories.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investments

Russell Investments Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jules Bosch Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 10:44 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: dos command

I am looking for a DOS command that will delete any and all SAS data sets on my c:\ drive.

TIA,

Jules