Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:56:44 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kevin Roland Viel <kviel@EMORY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Finding actual age

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, toby dunn wrote:

> age = floor( ( intck( 'month' , birth , somedate ) - ( day ( somedate ) < > day( birth ) ) ) / 12 ) ;

"somedate" could be replaced with today(), as I think Adriano asked for the current age at the time of program use.

Secondly, "birth" could be input( borndate , mmddyy10. ).

Adriano,

Specify what you mean by "age". This provides age in years according to everyday convention.

HTH,

Kevin

Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227