Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:35:08 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tree Frog <tree.frog2@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: ODS and meddling with Column width
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello

If you're using PROC REPORT within a PDF, you want to use the OUTPUTWIDTH style option.

You'd then use in-line style CELLWIDTH options to set the individual widths of the columns. A bit fiddly to start with, but you can get what you want... I think the % each column takes up needs to allow for the border width set for your table (which can also be set in the report style options bit, using BORDERWIDTH=, CELLPADDING= and CELLSPACING=).

Tree Frog

<disclaimer: this is air-code, and I'm very tired today...>

data mydata; h1="";h2="";h3=""; run;

ods pdf file="C:\myfile.pdf"; ods escapechar="^"; proc report data=mydata nowindows style(report)=[outputwidth=100%] ; columns h1 h2 h3; define h1 / "^S={cellwidth=20%} My Heading 1" display; define h2 / "^S={cellwidth=29%} My Heading 2" display; define h3 / "^S={cellwidth=50%} My Heading 3" display; run;

ods pdf close;

"Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" wrote: > On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:05:26 -0700, Spjcdc <spjcdc@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > >Can you be more specific? What SAS Procedure are you using to produce > >your output? If you use Proc Report you can use the width= option on > >the define statement for each column. > > But the documentation for the WIDTH option states: "This option has no > effect on ODS destinations other than traditional SAS monospace output.". > > > > >Steve > > > >On Sep 18, 9:30 am, sas_datalo...@YAHOO.COM (Syb it) wrote: > >> Dear all, > >> > >> When you use ODS (the output delivery system) in SAS to produce your > reports how do you manage the widths of your columns (for the pdf output)? > IS there a statement that you add onto your code that manages that? Please > share with me if you know. > >> > >> Thanks, > >> Syb it.