Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:40:08 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         la volta statistics <schmidhauser@lavolta.ch>
Subject:      AW: Error #63, Note #5146
Comments: To: April Vergara <april.vergara@stat-dec.com>

Hi April

the error (#63) occurs when you for instance want to match a non-existing file to the active file. Make sure that your file at C:\Docs exists. The command would then be something like:

... /File = "C:\Docs\yourfile.sav" ...

Also make sure the path and the filename is included and is quoted.

If you give us a little bit more of the code that triggers you error, we might be able to spot the place that needs correction.

Hope this helps Christian

******************************* la volta statistics Christian Schmidhauser, Dr.phil.II Weinbergstrasse 108 Ch-8006 Zurich Tel: +41 (043) 233 98 01 Fax: +41 (043) 233 98 02 email: mailto:schmidhauser@lavolta.ch internet: http://www.lavolta.ch/

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht----- Von: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von April Vergara Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007 10:13 An: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Betreff: Error #63, Note #5146

I keep on getting these warnings/errors. I think only newbies like me would get these.

Anyone can give me any idea why?

>Error # 63 in column 126. Text: C:\Docs >The file does not exist. >This command not executed.

>Note # 5146 >There is no working file to restore. You must define a working file before >proceeding with your analysis.

Thanks,

April