Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:16:34 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Henry Crawford <hcrawford@LAKERESEARCH.COM>
Subject:      Re: SPSS errors when running a regression

SPSS unfortunately tends to be correct when giving this error -- so where is our mistake?

Either status_new has only one value for all cases in the file or, in case you've run the frequency and found this not to be true, it only has one value FOR THE CASES THAT SPSS KEEPS FOR THE REGRESSION. With pairwise deletion, any cases with missing values FOR ANY of the variables (dependent or independent) will be dropped from the equation.

I think it's very likely you have at least one variable in your regression with missing values perfectly correlated with one of the two values of status_new, leaving status_new with only one value among cases included..

-Hank