Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:59:35 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         DJR <rizzolod@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      help with an estimate statement in GENMOD

Hello SAS-L subscribers:

I am trying to output an estimate from a generalized linear model fit in SAS GENMOD. The model relates the binary response to a continuous variable (time, in minutes: 1,2,...,60) and a categorical variable with 3 levels (STAGE, listed in a class statement). The specific model of interest is:

model Y = time time*time time*STAGE time*time*STAGE / dist=B link=logit LRCI;

My goal is get an estimate of the response over a range of times with the STAGE effects averaged-out. I am using an estimate statement to attempt this. For example, at time=1, I have written the estimate statement as follows:

estimate “time=1” intercept 1 time 1 time*time 1 time*STAGE 0.33 0.33 0.33 time*time*STAGE 0.33 0.33 0.33;

for time=2:

estimate “time=2” intercept 1 time 2 time*time 4 time*STAGE 0.66 0.66 0.66 time*time*STAGE 1.33 1.33 1.33;

and I repeat this across the range of times I am interested in. I get the estimates that I am after, except for the value of time=1, which gives “no est.” I have used this code with similar data before. Because, the code works (or seems to work) for other values of time, I suspected it was a problem with the dataset, but I checked it and found no errors. Is this approach to averaging out the stage effect correct (i.e., the coefficient in the estimate statement being set to the value of time*time*0.333), and if so, what might the problem at the of value time=1 be? Thanks for the help. DJR