Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:42:13 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sally Vegso <Sally.Vegso@YALE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: SAS 9.1.3 and ram availability

Well at the moment we were thinking of just using it as a single user system, because I don't think we want to get into the problems of taking care of a server. But if we did go to a server system, then I would like to know if the RAM parses out to simultaneous users.

Thanks

Sally

Dennis G. Fisher, Ph.d. wrote: > Sally, > If you mean that your operating system is going to be Windows XP64, you > probably want to make that Server 2003 (64 flavor whatever the > designation > is). Is your question whether you can access the RAM as a single > individual, > or do you mean divided into each person who is accessing the server > simultaneously? > Dennis Fisher > > Sally Vegso wrote: >> As I mentioned previously we are upgrading our system. We are looking >> at a Dell Precision 690 with Win XP64 and 32 GB of RAM and dual quad >> processors. Someone here had the question of whether SAS can access >> more than 4 GB of RAM. I thought I read that it can but I can't find >> that now in support.sas.com. And to access the extra will I have to >> tweak the cache size and page size settings? >> >> Thanks! >> >> Sally >> >> >