Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:46:19 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Andrea Roofe (FIU)" <andrea.roofe@FIU.EDU>
Subject:      data reduction prior to use of HLM

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a pooled cross-sectional time series covering 9 countries, and more than 40 predictors, representing multiple indicators of 6 constructs. Is Principal Components Analysis considered an appropriate form of data reduction for use with a hierarchical linear model? If yes, can you direct me to an appropriate resource which will show me how to apply the results of a PCA to HLM. I'd be grateful for any SAS resources that could help me carry out this analysis using SAS/STAT or SAS/Enterprise Guide. This is my first time working with HLM.

Thank you.

Andrea Roofe