Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:28:43 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: How to organize syntax files for single project

> From: Daniel > OK, so I have a question for which there is no unique answer > - I am aware of that. There are also going to be many > opinions, but that is exactly what I am looking for here. I'm > presenting this question just like I would to a colleague > with more SAS experience than me, were I to have such a colleague! > > Let's say I am working on a project where we collected data > through a survey administered to six different professional > groups (think doctors, nurses, dentists, etc.). The data were > collected before I was hired and are all in Access databases. > I need to do the following: > > * Import the data from Access

> * Create formats and labels, where needed

How to do a data review of these disparate questionnaires:

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Image:SmryLibname.zip

This suite contains utilities that:

* read the data structure and write a text file of an attribute statement so that you can edit it to add missing formats and labels.

* use the summary data set to write a text file of Proc Format value statements as above: so you edit it to create formats.

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov