Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:26:08 -0800
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Sheffer, Holly" <Holly.Sheffer@MCKESSON.COM>
Subject:      Re: TCPIP SOCKETS INTERFACE

Thanks - writing a transaction is the way to go and I will pursue that path. As far as getting the application to check to see if the applicaton is available - IN MY DREAMS!!!! I have tried to reason with them - concept is beyond them!!!!! This is a QA testing group located VERY remotely

Holly Sheffer (415)983-9497 work (415)806-8691 cell

_____

From: Barkow, Eileen [mailto:EBarkow@DOITT.NYC.GOV] Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 6:57 AM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: TCPIP SOCKETS INTERFACE

4.4 | Starting/Stopping CICS TCP/IP with Program Link

The only way i can find to automate the closing of Sockets is to follow this procedure documented in the sockets manual you will have to write your own transaction that can be invoked thru the console. There may also be some TCPIP commands to stop the sockets interface.

HDRSTSEXEC| You can start or stop the CICS Sockets Interface by issuing an EXEC CICS | LINK to program EZACIC20. Make sure you include the following steps in the | LINKing program:

1. | Define the COMMAREA for EZACIC20. This can be done by including the | following instruction within your DFHEISTG definition:

2. | EZACICA AREA=P20,TYPE=CSECT 3. 4. | The length of the area is equated to P20PARML and the name of the | structure is P20PARMS.

5. | Initialize the COMMAREA values as follows:

P20TYPE

I Initialization

T Immediate Termination

D Deferred Termination P20OBJ

C CICS Sockets Interface

L Listener P20LIST Name of listener if this is listener | initialization/termination.

6. | Issue the EXEC CICS LINK to program EZACIC20. EZACIC20 will not return | until the function is complete.

7. | Check the P20RET field for the response from EZACIC20.

_____

From: CICS List [mailto:CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ken Porter Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 8:27 AM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: TCPIP SOCKETS INTERFACE

Holly, The IP CICS Socket operator transaction, EZAO, does not support being invoked from the MVS console, although I do have a formal requirement for that support. As Roland recommends, write your own transaction to builds a commarea and links to the EZACIC20 program for the desired operator actions.

My thoughts on the issue stated below are, rather than stop the listener and/or interface, wouldn't you want an application gate to be checked by the child server transaction thereby determining whether it should proceed or return an appropriate response to the client. This would be a simple check against a byte of storage to indicate whether application "A" is up or down. If application "A" is down (files not available) then the byte will reflect that state allowing any client to be logically notified. Just my thoughts.

Thanks,

Kenneth M. Porter ________________________________________________________________________

___ Enterprise Networking Solutions IBM z/OS Communications Server Development Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA Internet: kmporter@us.ibm.com Phone: (919) 543-0678 Tie: 441-0678 Fax: (919) 254-4028 ITN: 24410678

"Sheffer, Holly" <Holly.Sheffer@MCKESSON.COM> Sent by: CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

11/08/2007 08:57 PM

Please respond to CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

cc

Subject

TCPIP SOCKETS INTERFACE

We are using the sockets interface and controlling them with the standard EZAC, EZAO transactions. We have users in a test UNIX region that continue to send requests from Webmethods to the test region via the sockets interface. The files are not available at night and the program spits out files are closed messages continuously - flooding the operator console. I have tried using DADS to disable the WMGW and WMTSRVR webmethods transactions and it does - but has no effect as the transactions are conversational and continue to run. I tried putting in a /F XC02JMT, EZAO STOP CICS YES transaction from the console - but it abended so apparently it needs to be done from the screen - Any ideas on how to automate this?

Holly Sheffer (415)983-9497 work (415)806-8691 cell

[text/html]