Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:15:43 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Daniel Robertson <djr47@cornell.edu>
Subject:      Re: Bold Button

An SPSS syntax file is just a plain text file with an .sps extension (enabling you, for example, to edit a syntax file in another text editor). Consequently any changes you may make to the way the text appears (font, bold, etc.) are temporary. While you can specify a default font for the syntax editor, this information is associated with the SPSS application and applies to all syntax files, not any particular syntax file.

Dan R

Sam Ballard wrote: > Does the bold button work? > I added the bold button to my syntax editor toolbar. I bolded a word in a > file and the word is clearly bolded. Then I save the file, close it, and > re-open the file and the bolding is gone. What am I missing? > > The same thing happens for the italic and underline button. > > Sam Ballard > SDCCD > sballard@sdccd.edu > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD > >

-- Daniel Robertson Senior Research and Planning Associate Institutional Research and Planning Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853-2801 607.255.9642 / irp.cornell.edu