Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Edgar Sanchez <Suppression@MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU>
Subject:      Is there a way to automate filename changes

Greetings,

I am appealing to those more knowledgeable than I in SAS for some help. In my sas code i am doing a number of replications that call on 10 different datasets. for example I need to input

%let respdat='D:\my docs\UT Documents\PhD & MA\PhD\Dissertation SAS Docs\CATs\Response files\gpc100_6.dat'; /*path for examinees' responses(resp)*/

And I need to output the results for that dataset to:

%let dvfile='D:\my docs\UT Documents\PhD & MA\PhD\Dissertation SAS Docs\CATs\RWi1\9RWi1dv100_6.uni'; /*output path for dep vars*/ %let ncfile='D:\my docs\UT Documents\PhD & MA\PhD\Dissertation SAS Docs\CATs\RWi1\9RWi1dnc100_6.uni'; /*output path for nonconvergent cases*/

So you can see that I my input and output are marked as _6.* right now I am manually changing these three lines for every replication. Ive done 70 of these conditions manually but I still have 210 to go. So my hope is that there is a way to automate this process. As I am good with basic sas code but not very complex code I have not found a way to do this (assuming it can be done). Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edgar Sanchez