Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:11:11 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ali G <Alistair.Gordon@NEWTYNE.COM>
Subject:      invoke a UNIX shell script from SAS and pass in a variable value
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Any help with this will be gratefully received.

I need to execute a UNIX shell script and be able to pass in a value each time I run it. the value will be read from a SAS table and probably be in the form of a SAS macro variable

Anyone know how I set up the call in SAS to pass the value and also how I set up the script to receive it?

I'm guessing it wil be something like this on the SAS side:

%sysexec /home/myuser/mysript &value;

but no idea about the UNIX script side.