Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:13:31 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET>
Subject:      Re: REG : SAS programmer
Comments: To: Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>

Gosh, Mike,

Do we really think alike on everything???

I have 2 little books on my desk, one of which is the below mentioned book! I've got the third addition. It the fourth really better than the third?

Another is, "How to write, speak and think more effectively (your complete course in the art of communication) by Rudolf Flesch.

Reddy, it would be helpful for you to read these books; it is difficult to understand what you are saying. I think that you are saying that most SAS jobs are going to statistical people; SAS is a statistical programming language and thus this is not surprising to me, and because I have both a statistical background and a programming background a trend in that direction would actually be advantageous to me! It is the trailing sentence "Please suggest experts and anybody..." that is the confusing part of your note below, because it does not finish the thought of what you are looking for experts in or what for.

-Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Raithel To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:54 PM Subject: Re: REG : SAS programmer

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Reddy posted the following:

> Hi Friends, > > For SAS programer there is no future in sas,due to > every company is hiring Stats people with SAS ,so which is additinal > skill to learn SAS Programmer please suggest experts and anybody.... > > Thanks in advance. > Reddy, I may be thinking somewhat out of the box, here, but in addition to SAS skills, you might want to check out purchasing:

http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-Fourth-William-Strunk/dp/0205313426 /ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196369084&sr=1-2

...I think that it could be imminently helpful, career-wise.

Reddy, good luck with your future in SAS programming!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com